Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is "Beauty Secrets" for nails a good acrylic? How do I tell which acrylics will yellow?

I bought a cheap kit and gave myself acrylic nails. The nails turned yellow. I have learned that cheap acrylic such as Kiss turns yellow, so I want to use better acrylic from now on.





I bought "Beauty Secrets" at Sally's. Is that a good acrylic? How do I tell which acrylics will yellow and which ones won't?|||I agree with the last answer for the most part. I'm a licensed nail tech and yeah, she's right. Even some of the professional only acrylic (and gel) product lines are crappy. Anyway...


I have seen 'Beauty Secrets' products in Sally's but I was not impressed with them for some reason. I don't recall why but they just didn't seem like a very good brand. But then again, I could be wrong. It might work just fine for your needs. Try it for a while and see if you like it?


There is one brand they sell at Sally's that I've gotten samples of from various trade shows I go to and that is A.S.P. (Aspire?) which works fairly well. It's about the best you can get without a license but it is a bit pricey. It costs about the same as many professional acrylic products. I think they sell trial size kits in the $15-$25 range. Just a thought!


Best wishes|||well, Polymer will turn yellow if it has been under the sunlight or you are a smoker. After the product is applied it can also turn yellow with base and top coat, and lets not forget on the liquid use with it, there are non-yellow ones on the market too! I'm not saying Gel is better. I use Acrylic.

Report Abuse


|||If you would like to know more I'm open to teaching for this is what I do, Been in the field for many, many years.

Report Abuse


|||all acrylics are basically the same polymer, that's why they can all be removed by soaking in acetone.





it's the effect seen with acetone that's a hallmark of susceptibility for penetration by all kinds of other stuff. it's the other "stuff" that makes acrylics turn yellow.





i've had all kinds of acrylic in the past and found nearly all of them changes color and got a stained appearance.





now gel is completely different ---------- it's not dissolved by acetone or most anything else. it's a different polymer material. any of the decent uv-gels will stay crystal clear, naturally shiny, and they're a bit more flexible so they feel better if applied in proper-thickness layers.





my suggestion? gradually switch over to gel.





i switched to gel a while ago and i'll never go back. the gel is more like a super durable base coat that protects my natural nails, and the gel looks so natural you'd never know i have gels if i leave off the color polish.





good luck|||All acrylics will yellow. Simple as that.





If you like the way acrylics look when they have the 'tips' .. then go to a GEL NAIL SALON and ask if they have 'tips' .





That girl above that said GEL makes it yellow, is bullshit! Not if you get the good quality. Acrylic stains %26amp; thats why its yellow.








Acrylic products have harmful chemicals that destroy the skin under your nail (the nail bed).


Gel nails are organic (depending what type you get) %26amp; no matter what kind of brand you get.





Darling I have seen many post acrylic nails that have come to my spa to get gels done, %26amp; a few of them even had FUNGUS growing under their nails!





I have been in labs %26amp; seen the type of chemicals in acrylic %26amp; gel nails %26amp; TRUST ME, you're much better off with gel.


Get the GEL NAILS sweetie.





Best of luck..|||Generally anything you buy from a drug store is crap! You need salon quality products, and even them some of those are crap! It's best to leave it to the professionals!|||acylic is better! gel maked ur nails yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment