Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What are favorite trees of Seniors to add beauty to fall landscaping?

Crimson maples, Bradford pears, oaks, sweetgum, hickory and sumac all add color and variety to our fall landscaping. What are your favorite trees for fall beauty?|||crepe myrtles: bright yellow


dogwoods: deep red


black gum: bright red/purple mix|||I love my big old oak tree in my front yard, but I don't like the acorns, and the squirrels that love them. The squirrels dig and harbor their acorns in the yard. My very favorite tree for Fall beauty is the Sugar Maple. It is a hard maple, and does not always stand up to high winds, but it sure puts on a spectacular display.|||We have a Crimson and Royal Maple as well as a Japanese Maple. The Japanese Maple has made it through 5 Wisconsin winters but we wrap it every year as they are not for our area. In a couple of weeks I like to drive through the bluffs and hills of our area because the changing of color is just breathtaking.|||Burning Bushes, Sugar Maples, all different colors of trees including the yellow ones, the red ones, even the Oak trees turn red some years.|||My favorite tree is the one under which is buried my late mother-in-law. I don't know the name of the tree but I live to keep it strong and its roots deep.|||Maple trees are beautiful.|||Dogwood trees are bright red in FALL also they are an all year round tree too with colors.. and flowers..cept winter no leaves ding dong... then you put stupid christmas lights on them...|||Sugar maples.|||I love the look %26amp; size of the Japanese Maple but it will not do well in my climate.|||I too, love the red japanese maple, unfortunately it doesn't grow down here in S FL.|||Red Maple!! I like the Bradford pears but they have a tendency too split!!

No comments:

Post a Comment