Friday, September 23, 2011

What are your thoughts on the whole beauty pageant way of life for kids?

Do you have a problem with the way they take time out of school to practice when your tax dollars are spent to teach them?





Do you think it instills bad behavior (for lack of better word) to grow up thinking it's all about looks and not brain or self worth?





Or is there something positive that can be taken from being in beauty pageants?|||There are very few things that I find as morally wrong as a kid's beauty pageant. It breaks my heart to see 5 year olds wearing make up and curlers in their hair. The shows can instill complex (both superiority and inferiority) in kids and can really damage their self-respect.|||I think you ask a very good question. I can't watch these shows long but as I am channel surfing I pause and look at some of the show. In my oppinion I think the parents are nuts. a thousand doallrs for a dress, sprayed sun tans, false eye lashes, lip stick, flippers (teeth) practice, makeups. What are the preparing their children for. More Beauty Pagents ?





then they have a room filled with tiara's and banners. Lets face it, beauty is important, mostly on the inside and these parents are grooming their children for beauty on the outside. It sends a very bad message. If you'll notice all the mothers are plain and fat. So that tells me, they are instilling in their childres their own insecurties. To these people they see nothing wrong with what they are doing so the children will never know another way.





They will grow up to be spoiled little divas. That will never allow them to have a good husband, a great family, a good education, because this makes them narccistic. All that; will only matter in their lives is them. They will be spoiled forever. And that's not the right path to happiness.|||It is exploitation of the child. No doubt to fulfill some fantasy of the mothers! Help fulfilling the child's own interests and talents as well as a good education, is the highest goals a mother/parent can have!!|||Truth to tell I had no idea about this until my mother started watching Toddlers and Tiaras. I watch it periodically because it is so surreal. The values being taught and the vicarious living the mothers do through their daughters is grotesque. I think it is a terrible injustice to these little girls. And the expense makes me cringe. I cannot believe how much these clothes cost. I used to work at a children's home and I just add up in my head what that much money would provide for needy kids.


So my mother laughs in delight at how cute the kids are and I sit there with a strange fixed look on my face as if I am viewing a two headed calf in an old style carnival. It is certainly a study.|||i can't imagine what emotional pain those children must go through that will later affect them negatively in life. i think that children cannot handle that sort of stress and pressure. any child forced to go through fame, money, etc. turns out badly. michael jackson could be a great example. i think those are the main problems with it.|||I think it may make them vain, and it may make them a target for pedophiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment